Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Dreadful Recipe Of The Infamous Political Cookie

What I'm about to say in this post might be pointed out as dangerous, perhaps slight racist and very political. You have been warned.

I am a Muslim in this country. But I'm not a Malay. I always hated to clarify this every time people assume that I am a Malay. It is not an insult to me if I am viewed as a Malay but I think the very idea of race today or even the thought of inquiring one's race is either obsolete or dangerous question.

Obsolete because one is always viewed from the nationality of a person rather than the race of the person especially in this age where world-wide communication is happening and every individual can know about the other countries with a stroke of a keyboard. Dangerous is because it can be considered as stereotyping a person based on assumption on 1st impression. In books I have read, stereotyping is a natural phenomenon as we are just human. But, although our mind or thought may stereotype a person, it is best however to disregard such thought and only reach a conclusion based on facts and question, not presumptions.

Reason to this blog post is to redirect my fear for this country especially with alarming news basing the issues of Muslim and non Muslims rights in this country. Sadly, this is the front page of the newspaper. Time after time, this so-called 'issue' is being debated back and forth by political parties. In my perspective, what ever is their goal is for doing so, they should stop. The concept of race is like a fire so to say. It is essential to have as it warms the people around it but having it too much could lead to an inferno for those same people. Race is essential. It is who we are and it is our identity. I always find it admirable that some are proud of their race. But, it is also a sensitive issue to many. Be proud all you can about your race but be respectful in return to others.

As for me, race is never an issue for me personally. I feel that we are equal in many ways and also can be different in many ways. But that's what I love about being a human. We are so unique in every way and yet there are still many similarity in every of us. Back on the political aspect, many citizen possessing great skill and mind have left the country. This is call Brain Drain. Mostly, the reason the left the country is because of money or because of the current condition of the country. Most parents believe that success and new ideas is only achievable on foreign lands, not here. They are in view that there are many restrictions here that would block the potential therefore one should work abroad so that such potential will be appreciated.

On this topic, I can understand it and also I can argue against it. Call it my own dilemma. I agree that when I bring a whole new idea or a concept, they would respectfully refuse it because they feel comfortable with the last year's idea. Perhaps they may find it a radical thing to do or they are just afraid of doing something new. But, if I discuss it with others that appreciate change or betterment, they usually suggest more improvements to that idea that I have given. I do not mind getting my ideas turn down like that but I believe that there are things one should change in the idea to better themselves and some things should not be changed at all in the name of faith, belief, and tradition.

To further contradict myself in this topic, I believe those people who left the country should stay and try to bring change here. Wits such a brilliant mind and fantastic skills, there must be someone that can appreciate it. Some say it is a lost cause but a slight improvement is better than no improvement.

As to my conclusion, to those fellow in the government currently or in future, think of the importance of your every action today as time shall tick away without mercy. If a person can waste time stating the rights of a person based on faith and race, think that the same time which was wasted could be used in a more beneficial way to improve the current status of this beautiful country.

p/s-If there is any comment or complaint to this blog, please put it in the comments below. But bare in mind, this is only a matter of opinion. If you disagree, I do not mind having a good debate, but nothing more than a debate. Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment